Call for Technical Abstracts
Since 2001 the Ontario Waterpower Association has been representing the common and collective interests of the hydroelectric sector. Each year the Association hosts the Power of Water Canada conference which features presentations that discuss the key challenges and opportunities for our sector. This year’s program will feature several technical sessions. As such, the OWA is issuing a Call for Abstracts as we seek presenters to discuss the following important topics:
- Modernization of Electrical Systems
- Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) and Plant Automation
- Rehabilitating and Upgrading Turbines
- Research and Development - New Trends to Improve Plant Efficiency
The Power of Water Canada Conference Program Committee is comprised of professionals working in various areas of the hydroelectric sector and include generators, developers, project managers, engineering, financing, consulting and legal firms. The Committee will review all abstracts that are submitted before March 31, 2014.
All abstracts will be evaluated on the quality of information and how relevant and valuable the information will be to the conference delegates, as determined by the Conference Committee. The abstracts should be clear and concise and no more than 600 words in length.
The Ontario Waterpower Association reserves the right to have multiple individuals present regarding one single topic and at one session. This will be determined at the discretion of the Committee.
All primary contacts will be notified via email by April 15, 2014, as to whether or not their abstract has been selected.
- Submit an abstract by March 31, 2014.
- If your abstract is selected to be presented, your organization's presenter must register for the conference and pay the required Speaker's Registration fee. In addition, individuals are responsible for their own hotel accommodations, and travel expenses.
- All selected abstract presenters must sign a Speaker Agreement and Materials Release form, as all presentations will be posted publicly on the OWA website following the event.
- Co-authors are also encourage to attend the Power of Water Canada Conference, however they will be required to pay the full conference registration rate.
STEP 1. Choose a topic from the list of suggestions included above.
STEP 2. Develop a well written, clear and concise abstract of your proposed presentation. This abstract should be no longer than 600 words.
STEP 3. Included in your application should be the topic category, your organizations name and your name, address, phone number, email address. Please identify who will present the topic at the conference.
STEP 4. Submit your abstract by one of the three ways described below.
Abstracts must be submitted by 4:00 p.m. March 31, 2014
3 Ways to Submit Your Abstract
Email: Janelle Bates, Marketing and Events Coordinator firstname.lastname@example.org
Ontario Waterpower Association
Attention: Janelle Bates
380 Armour Rd. Suite 264
Peterborough, ON K9J 7L7
Online: Submit online click here
Should you have any questions please contact Janelle Bates email@example.com or 866-743-1500 ext. 23.